Saturday, August 16, 2008

HOW THE WORLD SEES YOU

Sometimes the world was on our side
sometimes it wasn't fair.
Sometimes it took the hard way.
Sometimes we never cared.

But if I were to runand if I were to die
Would the world come aid meand hear my cry?
If I were to perish,and if I were to burn,
will the world teach me her lessonand watch as I learn?If I learned to love,and if I learned to fly,will the world catch my wingsif I fall from the sky?
If I were to bleed, and if I were to be hurt,
will the world help me up,or throw me in the dirt?
If I were to listenand if I sang a song,
will the world play her music,as I sing along?

But if I were to hate,
and if I never looked,
will the world open my eyes
and close the pages of the book?
Will she leave me on the ground,
with nothing to defend,
and skip to the last page
and mark my very end?

For the world is your life,
and if you waste her time,
she'll smite you with her knife.
Sometimes she'll be by your side
Sometimes she won't be fair.
Sometimes she'll take the hard way
Sometimes she may not care.

Just know that she is in charge
of carrying you all.
And if you ignore her,
she'll never catch youif you fall.

No comments: